Biographical entry Clark, Gordon Colvin Lindesay (Lindesay) (1896 - 1986)
- 7 January 1896
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Mining engineer and Company director
Gordon Clark was the managing director of Western Mining Corporation 1934-1962 and chairman 1952-1974.
Born Melbourne, 7 January 1896. Died 1986. MC 1918; CMG 1961; KBE 1968; AC 1975. Educated Universities of Tasmania (BSc 1916) and Melbourne (BE 1921, MMechE 1923). Lecturer in mining engineering, University of Melbourne 1923-33; managing director, Western Mining Corporation 1934-62, chairman 1952-74. Chairman, B.H. South Ltd 1956-74, Central Norseman Gold Corporation 1952-74, Gold Mines of Kalgoorlie Ltd 1952-74, Alcoa Australia Ltd 1961-70. Foundation Fellow, Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering 1975.
- 1975 - 1986
- Award - Foundation Fellow, Australian Academy of Technological Sciences
- Wikidata, http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q6552445. Details
- VIAF - Virtual International Authority File, OCLC, https://viaf.org/viaf/161400080. Details
- 'Clark, G Lindesay (18960107-19860103)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, https://nla.gov.au/nla.party-619022. Details
- 'Clark, Gordon Colvin Lindesay', in Physics in Australia to 1945, R.W. Home, with the assistance of Paula J. Needham, Australian Science Archives Project, June 1995, http://www.asap.unimelb.edu.au/bsparcs/physics/P001623p.htm. Details
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 28 February 2018
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education