Biographical entry Brearley, Joseph Henry Draper (1873 - ?)
- 20 January 1873
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Electrical engineer
Joseph Brearley was an electrical engineer with New South Wales Railways and Tramways 1896-1903.
Born Sydney, 20 January 1873. Educated University of Sydney (BSc 1894, BE 1895). Electrical engineer, New South Wales Railways and Tramways 1896-1903.
Encyclopedia of Australian Science Exhibitions
- Collins, David, Chemistry in Australia Bibliography, eScholarship Research Centre, 2009, http://www.eoas.info/ciab.html. Details
- Brearley, Joseph Henry Draper, 'Notes on electric traction (Paper & Discussion)', Proceedings of the Victorian Institute of Engineers vol. XIV, 1914, pp. 35-55, 58-65, 80-96. Also available at http://hdl.handle.net/11343/24562. Details
- Threlfall, Richard and Brearley, Joseph Henry Drapier, 'Researches on the electric properties of pure substances. No.1. The electrical properties of pure sulphur', Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London, Series A, vol. 187, Royal Society of London, London, 1896, pp. 57-150. Details
- Threlfall, Richard, Brearley, Joseph Henry Drapier and Allen, J.B., 'Researches on the electrical properties of pure substances. No 1. The electrical properties of pure sulphur', Proceedings of the Royal Society of London, vol. 56, Printed by Taylor and Francis, London, 1894, pp. 32-40. Details
- 'Brearley, Joseph Henry Draper', in Physics in Australia to 1945, R.W. Home, with the assistance of Paula J. Needham, Australian Science Archives Project, June 1995, http://www.asap.unimelb.edu.au/bsparcs/physics/P001608p.htm. Details
- 'Brearley, Joseph Henry Draper (18730120-)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1476693. Details
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 28 February 2018
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education