Biographical entry Acton, Arthur Peter (1913 - )
- 22 November 1913
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Physical chemist
Arthur Acton was a research chemist and later Product Development Manager with the Australian Paper Manufacturers Ltd 1936-1971.
- Education - Bachelor of Science (BSc) completed at the University of Melbourne
- Education - Master of Science (MSc) completed at the University of Melbourne
- 1936 - 1971
- Career position - Research Chemist, later Product Development Manager at Australian Paper Manufacturers Ltd.
- 1971 - 1980
- Career position - Manager of the Technical Advisory Services of the Victorian Chamber of Manufacturers
- 1980 - ?
- Career position - Consultant for technical regulations and standards in Melbourne
- Award - Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) received
- 'Acton, Arthur Peter (1913-)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, https://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1473220. Details
- 'Acton, Arthur Peter', in Physics in Australia to 1945, R.W. Home, with the assistance of Paula J. Needham, Australian Science Archives Project, June 1995, http://www.asap.unimelb.edu.au/bsparcs/physics/P001578p.htm. Details
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 18 February 2010
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education