Biographical entry Wimperis, H.E.
- Aeronautical scientist
H. E. Wimperis was Director of Scientific Research for the U.K. Air Ministry prior to World War II. He was brought out to Australia, in 1938, to advise the Prime Minister on the inauguration of aeronautical research in this country.
- 'Wimperis, H E', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1078092. Details
- Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering, Technology in Australia 1788-1988, Online edn, Australian Science and Technology Heritage Centre, Melbourne, 3 May 2000, http://www.austehc.unimelb.edu.au/tia/index_w.html. Details
- Federation and Meteorology, 2001, http://www.austehc.unimelb.edu.au/fam/scripts/fam-dynindex.php3?EID=P001478. Details
- Brown, R. Hanbury; Minnett, Harry C; White, Fredrick W. G., 'Edward George Bowen 1911-1991', Historical Records of Australian Science, vol. 9, no. 2, 1992, pp. 151-166. Also available at http://www.publish.csiro.au/paper/HR9920920151.htm. Details
- Wisdom, John, A History of Defence Science in Australia, Defence Science and Technology Organisation, Melbourne, 1995, 267 pp. Details
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 20 December 2006
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education