Biographical entry Bilger, Robert William (1935 - 2015)
- 22 April 1935
Rustenburg, South Africa
- 2 October 2015
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Robert Bilger became Professor of Mechanical Engineering, University of Sydney in 1976 and published in the fields of combustion science and air pollution.
Born Rustenburg, South Africa, 22 April 1935. Educated Auckland University College (BE, BSc), Oxford (DPhil). Engineer, International, London 1960-62, Project Engineer, Northern Research and Engineering Corporation, Cambridge, Massachusetts 1962-64, Senior Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering, University of Sydney 1965-74, Associate Professor 1975-76, Professor 1976- . Rhodes Scholar 1957-60. Fellow, Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering 1987.
Private hands (Bilger, R.W.)
- Robert William Bilger - Records, 1965 - 1987; Private hands (Bilger, R.W.). Details
- 'Obituaries: Emeritus Professor Robert Bilger (1935-2015)', Australian Academy of Science Newsletter, vol. 102, 2015, https://www.science.org.au/academy-newsletter/australian-academy-science-newsletter-102/obituaries. Details
- 'Bilger, R W (1935-)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1176906. Details
- Tanner, Roger I. and Masri, Assaad R., 'Robert William Bilger 1935 - 2015', Historical Records of Australian Science, vol. 27, no. 2, 2016, pp. 133-43, http://dx.doi.org/10.1071/HR16015. Details
- Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering, Technology in Australia 1788-1988, Online edn, Australian Science and Technology Heritage Centre, Melbourne, 3 May 2000, http://www.austehc.unimelb.edu.au/tia/index_b.html. Details
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 26 February 2018
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education