Biographical entry Brass, Leonard J. (1900 - 1971)
- 29 August 1971
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
- Botanical collector, Taxonomist and Explorer
Leonard J. Brass was a collector for several Archbold Expeditions to Papua New Guinea. He collected plant specimens for the Queensland Herbarium from the 1930s to the 1960s. His name is commorated in Eucalyptus Brassiana S.T. Blake (1977), as well as numerous species in other genera.
- 1918 - 1919
- Education - Received botanical training at Queensland Herbarium
- 1925 - 1926
- Career event - Collected specimens in Papua New Guinea for the Arnold Arboretum, Harvard University
- Taxonomy event - Eucalyptus brassiana S.T. Blake was named after Leonard Brass.
- Leonard J. Brass - Records, 1931 - 1966; Queensland Herbarium. Details
- Deusen, H. M. Van, 'Obituary: Leonard John Brass', North Queensland Naturalist, vol. 39, no. 156, 1971, pp. 2-3. Details
Gavan McCarthy, Neville Walsh and Christine Moje
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 11 February 2014
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education