Biographical entry Bruce, Michael Ian (1938 - )
- 17 November 1938
Michael Ian Bruce became Professor of Physical and Inorganic Chemistry at the University of Adelaide in 1973 and published in the fields of co-ordination and metallorganic chemistry.
Born London, England, 17 November 1938. Educated Universities of Oxford (BA 1961, MA 1976) and Bristol (PhD 1967, DSc 1977). Open Exhibitioner, Lincoln College, Oxford 1957-61; Experimental officer, CSIRO Division of Plant Industry, Canberra 1961-64; Junior Fellow, University of Bristol 1966-67; lecturer in inorganic chemistry 1967-73; professor of physical and inorganic chemistry, University of Adelaide 1973- . H.G. Smith Medal, Royal Australian Chemical Institute 1986; Royal Society of Chemistry Lecturer, Australia 1986; Fellow, Australian Academy of Science 1989. President, South Australian Branch, Royal Australian Chemical Institute 1979-80.
Private hands (Bruce, M.I.)
- Michael Ian Bruce - Records, 1965 - 1987; Private hands (Bruce, M.I.). Details
- Bruce, M. I., 'John Campbell Earl 1890-1978', Chemistry in Australia, vol. 46, 1979, pp. 218-20. Details
- 'Bruce, Michael Ian (1938-)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1476134. Details
- Coates, J. H., 'Denis Oswald Jordan 1914-82', Historical Records of Australian Science, vol. 6, no. 2, 1985, pp. 237-246. Also available at http://www.publish.csiro.au/paper/HR9850620237.htm. Details
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 4 February 2010
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education