Biographical entry Cavill, George William Kenneth (1922 - )
- 23 April 1922
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
George William K. Cavill was Professor of Organic Chemistry, University of New South Wales 1964-82, and published in the field of the chemistry of insect venoms, attractants and repellents.
Born Sydney, 23 April 1922. Educated Universities of Sydney (BSc 1943, MSc 1946) and Liverpool (PhD 1949, DSc 1957). Senior chemist, W. Hermon Slade and Company Pty Ltd, Sydney 1943; lecturer in chemistry, Sydney Technical College 1944-47; ICI Research Fellow, University of Liverpool 1947-50; senior lecturer in organic chemistry, New South Wales University of Technology 1951-59; associate professor in organic chemistry, University of New South Wales 1959-64, professor (personal chair in organic chemistry) 1964-80, professor of organic chemistry 1980-82. Fellow, Australian Academy of Science 1969, Liversidge Research Lecturer, Royal Society of New South Wales 1970.
Adolph Basser Library, Australian Academy of Science
- George William Kenneth Cavill - Records, 1934 - 1938, MS 126; Adolph Basser Library, Australian Academy of Science. Details
University of New South Wales Archives
- George William Kenneth Cavill - Records, 1934 - 1988, CN 805 and others; University of New South Wales Archives. Details
Encyclopedia of Australian Science Exhibitions
- Smith, Ailie, Adolph Basser Library Manuscript Collection, eScholarship Research Centre, 2012, http://www.eoas.info/basser_browse.html. Details
- 'Cavill, George William Kenneth - Ms 126', in Listing of Adolph Basser Library holdings, Australian Academy of Science, 1994, http://www.science.org.au/basser/manuscript-collection/ms126.html. Details
- 'Cavill, George William Kenneth (1922-)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1475699. Details
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 4 February 2010
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education