Biographical entry Booth, Edgar Harold (1893 - 1963)
- 12 February 1893
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- 18 December 1963
Vaucluse, New South Wales, Australia
Edgar Booth was the first Warden of the New England University College 1937-1945. He had previously been a senior lecturer in physics at the University of Sydney 1919-1937.
Born Sydney, 12 February 1893. Died Sydney, 18 December 1963. Military Cross 1917. Educated University of Sydney (BSc 1914, DSc 1936). Acting lecturer and demonstrator, University of Sydney 1915-16; Australian Imperial Forces 1916-19; senior lecturer in physics, University of Sydney 1919-37; consultant physicist, Imperial Geophysical Experimental Survey 1928-30; warden, New England University College 1937-45; London representative, Australian Wool Board 1945-48. President, Science Teachers' Association of New South Wales 1928-32; president, Royal Society of New South Wales 1936-37; president, Northern New South Wales Committee of Services Education Advisory Council.
- Mitchell, Bruce, 'Booth, Edgar Harold (1893-1963)', in John Ritchie (ed.), Australian Dictionary of Biography, vol. 13, Melbourne University Press, Melbourne, 1993, pp. 218-219. Also available at http://www.adb.online.anu.edu.au/biogs/A130251b.htm. Details
- Somerville, J. M., 'Obituary: Dr. Edgar Harold Booth', Australian Journal of Science, vol. 27, no. 1, 1964, pp. 15-16. Details
- 'Booth, Edgar Harold', in Physics in Australia to 1945, R.W. Home, with the assistance of Paula J. Needham, Australian Science Archives Project, June 1995, http://www.asap.unimelb.edu.au/bsparcs/physics/P000245p.htm. Details
- 'Booth, Edgar H (1893-1963)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-630728. Details
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 12 February 2018
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education