Biographical entry Boardman, Norman Keith (Keith) (1926 - )
FAA, FRS, FTSE
- 16 August 1926
Geelong, Victoria, Australia
- Biochemist and Science administrator
Keith Boardman was Chief Executive of CSIRO 1987-1990, having been a member of the CSIRO Executive from 1977.
Born Geelong, 16 August 1926. AO 1993. Educated University of Melbourne (MSc) and Cambridge (PhD, ScD). Research officer, Wool Research Section, CSIRO 1949-51; Dafydd Lewis (Melbourne) Scholarship Melbourne 1951-53; ICI Fellow, Cambridge 1953-55; Research Scientist to Chief Research Scientist, Division of Plant Industry, CSIRO 1956-68; Chief Research Scientist 1968-77; member of Executive 1977-85, Chairman 1985-86, Chief Executive 1986-90; Honorary Fellow, CSIRO Division of Forestry 1990- . David Syme Research Prize, University of Melbourne 1967; Lemberg Lecturer, Australian Biochemical Society 1969; Fellow, Australian Academy of Science 1972, Masson Lecturer, University of Melbourne 1974; Fellow, Royal Society 1978, Fellow, Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering 1986. President, Australian Biochemical Society 1976-78.
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) Corporate Records and Archives Strategies
- Norman Keith Boardman - Records; Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) Corporate Records and Archives Strategies. Details
- Boardman, N. Keith, 'Pennefather, Reginald Richard (1905-1957), Agricultural Scientist', in John Ritchie (ed.), Australian Dictionary of Biography, vol. 15, Melbourne University Press, Melbourne, 2000, pp. 588-589. Also available at http://www.adb.online.anu.edu.au/biogs/A150687b.htm. Details
- 'Boardman, N K (1926-)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-635401. Details
- Slatyer, Ralph, 'Interview with Dr Keith Boardman', in Interviews with Australian scientists, Australian Academy of Science, 9 December 1999, http://www.science.org.au/scientists/interviews/b/kb.html. Details
- Ward, C., 'Norman Keith Boardman', in CSIROpedia, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), 2011, https://csiropedia.csiro.au/Boardman-Norman-Keith. Details
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 12 February 2018
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education