Corporate entry CRC for The Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area (1999 - 2006)
- 1 July 1999
Townsville, Queensland, Australia
- Conservation or Environment, Industrial or Scientific Research, Veterinary or Animal Health Industries and Plant Science
- Alternative Names
- Cooperative Research Centre for The Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area
- CRC Reef Research Centre Ltd (Parallel)
- Townsville, Queensland
In July 1999 the CRC for The Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area was established. It replaced the CRC for Ecologically Sustainable Development of the Great Barrier Reef.
From their Web site, June 2002: "The Cooperative Research Centre for the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area (incorporated as CRC Reef Research Centre Ltd) is a knowledge-based partnership of coral reef managers, researchers and industry. CRC reef provides research solutions to protect, conserve and restore the world's coral reefs by ensuring industries and management are sustainable and that ecosystem quality is maintained. The needs of end-users are incorporated into the design, instigation and progress of research."
1993 - 1999 CRC for Ecologically Sustainable Development of the Great Barrier Reef
1999 - 2006 CRC for The Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area
- CRC Compendium / Cooperative Research Centres Program, Australia, 2002, https://www.crc.gov.au/Information/default.aspx. Details
- CRC Directory 2010-11, Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research, Australian Government, 2010, https://www.crc.gov.au/HTMLDocuments/Documents/PDF/CrcDirectory-ebook-July2010.pdf. Details
- Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1471323. Details
Created: 9 May 2002, Last modified: 10 August 2010