Corporate entry Marconi's Wireless Telegraph Co Ltd (1900 - 1913)
Marconi's Wireless Telegraph Co Ltd originated from the Wireless Telegraph and Signal Company which was established by Guglielmo Marconi in 1897. In 1909, the company's first trans-Atlantic radio telegraph service was opened and in 1910 they began working on ways to link the whole Empire by wireless. This plan was finally realised in 1927 when a short-wave, beam wireless 'Imperial Chain' was opened. In 1913 Marconi's Wireless Telegraph Company was taken over by Amalgamated Wireless (Australasia) Ltd. (AWA) and later by Cable & Wireless.
1900 - 1913 Marconi's Wireless Telegraph Co Ltd
1913 - 1988 Amalgamated Wireless (Australasia) Ltd (AWA)
1988 - AWA Limited
- Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering, Technology in Australia 1788-1988, Online edn, Australian Science and Technology Heritage Centre, Melbourne, 3 May 2000, http://www.austehc.unimelb.edu.au/tia/index_m.html. Details
Created: 16 January 2001, Last modified: 3 February 2010
- Foundation Supporter - ARC Learned Academies' Special Projects