Biographical entry Copeland, Leslie Joshua (Les) (1946 - )
- 5 September 1946
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Agricultural chemist
Les Copeland is an agricultural chemist whose interests lie in the connections between food science and agricultural production. His research has focused on the chemistry of food grains, the biochemistry of nitrogen-fixing symbioses of legumes, the regulation of plant carbon metabolism, food starches and the effects of growing conditions on cereal grain quality. In 2001 Copeland was appointed Professor of Agriculture at the University of Sydney.
- 1971 - 1972
- Career position - Research Fellow, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, U.S.A.
- 1972 - 1973
- Career position - Research Fellow, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York, U.S.A.
- 1974 - 1992
- Career position - Lecturer (later Senior Lecturer) in Agricultural Chemistry, University of Sydney
- 1979 - 1980
- Award - Fulbright Fellow, University of California, Davis, California, U.S.A.
- 1993 - 2000
- Career position - Head, Department of Agricultural Chemistry and Soil Science, University of Sydney
- 2001 -
- Career position - Professor of Agriculture, University of Sydney
- 2001 - 2007
- Career position - Dean, Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources, University of Sydney
- 2004 -
- Career position - Member, Research Advisory Committee, Australian Farm Institute
- 2007 - 2008
- Career position - President, Australian Council of Deans of Agriculture
- 2017 - 2019
- Career position - Member of the Board, Cotton Research and Development Corporation
- Award - Member of the Order of Australia (AM) for significant service to agricultural science as an academic and researcher
Created: 17 September 2019