Browse Entries

Corporate entry Queensland Agricultural Chemical Laboratory Branch, Plant Industry Division, Department of Agriculture and Stock (1897 - 1963)

Colony and State of Queensland

From
1897
To
1963
Functions
Agriculture, Biochemistry and Toxicology
Reference No
Queensland Archives ID: 2826

Summary

The Agricultural Chemical Laboratory Branch was established in 1897 within the Queensland Department of Agriculture and Stock (1904 - 1963). It conducted research into biochemistry, toxicology and plant nutrition. Over time the government divided research into increasingly specialised administrative structures. The Queensland Archives agency details entry for the Agricultural Chemical Laboratory Branch describes this process "In 1955 the biochemistry and toxicology sections were transferred to the Animal Industry Division. A cereal chemistry section was established in 1952/53. This section was transferred to the Queensland Wheat Research Institute at Toowoomba in 1962" (Queensland Archives, 2016). In 1963 the Agricultural Chemical Laboratory Branch was replaced by the Agricultural Chemistry Branch (1963 - 1996).

Published resources

Resource Sections

Elizabeth Daniels