Corporate entry Centre for Palliative Care (1996 - )
- Advocacy, Education and Medical Research
- Alternative Names
- CPC (Acronym)
The Centre for Palliative Care (CPC) was established in 1996 and conducts research and provides education and training for health professionals in the field of Palliative Care. CPC is a collaboration with The University of Melbourne and a department within St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne.
CPCs has three key research programs. The Psychosocial Research Program which focuses on supporting palliative care patients and their informal caregivers and families. The Health Services research program investigates palliative care services and aims to improve health services (delivery, tools, patient outcomes). The CPC also conducts clinical trials to improve common symptoms of palliative care patients such as nausea and pain.
The Centre for Palliative Care also plays a central role in the International Palliative Care Family Carer Research Collaboration (IPCFRC) and is the administrating organisation of the Palliative Care Research Network (PCRN).
In terms of education and training CPC's Director chairs the Victorian Palliative Medicine Training Program (VPMTP), and it is also associated with the Program of Experience in the Palliative Approach (PEPA) and the Victorian Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner Collaborative (VPCNPC).
- Centre for Palliative Care, Palliative Care - The Essentials: Multidisciplinary Palliative Care Education, St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 2006. Details
- Milne, Donna, Guidelines for the assessment of bereavement risk in family members of people receiving palliative care, Centre for Palliative Care, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 2000. Details
- Centre for Palliative Care, No greater gift: carers reflect on their palliative experience, DVD, 2011. Details
- 'International Palliative Care Family Carer Research Collaboration (IPCFRC)', in Centre for Palliative Care: Informing Choice. Enabling Care, Centre for Palliative Care, https://www.centreforpallcare.org/page/15/ipcfrc. Details
- 'Education', in Centre for Palliative Care: Informing Choice. Enabiling Care, Centre for Palliative Care, https://www.centreforpallcare.org/page/25/education. Details
- 'About', in Centre for Palliative Care: Informing Choice. Enabiling Care, Centre for Palliative Care, https://www.centreforpallcare.org/page/2/about. Details
Created: 22 January 2019