Biographical entry Sare, Ian Richard
- Defence Industries, Defence Research, Engineer and Metallurgical Engineer
Ian Sare was Chief of the Division of Manufacturing Science and Technology, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) from 1997 - 2002, and also headed the Divisions predecessor, the Division of Manufacturing and Technology from 1995 until 1997. Ian Sare has also spent significant time working for the Australian Government Defence Science and Technology Organisation (DSTO) serving as Deputy Chief Scientist for DSTO's Strategy and Program and Platform and Human Systems Group divisions. In addition to his positions at CSIRO and DSTO Ian Sare is a fellow of a number of scientific organisations like the Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering. He has also served on numerous boards and committees such as the Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence for Design in Light Metals and the Chemical, Biological and Radiological Defence Cooperative Program. In 2001 Sare was awarded the Centenary Medal for service to Australian society in metallurgical science and engineering.
- 'Dr Ian Sare FTSE', in AADI Defence pty ltd, AADI Defence pty ltd, http://www.aadidefence.net/dr-ian-sare-ftse/. Details
- 'Elected Fellows', in CSIROpedia, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), http://csiropedia.csiro.au/elected-fellows/. Details
- 'Manufacturing and Building Research Divisions', in CSIROpedia, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), https://csiropedia.csiro.au/manufacturing-technology-1980-97/. Details
- 'Chief Defence Scientist to quit position', in Engineering Career, Engineering Career, 2 August 2011, http://www.engineeringcareer.net.au/archived-news/chief-defence-scientist-to-quit-position. Details
Created: 21 November 2017