Biographical entry Sinclair, Malcolm W.
- Engineer and Radio astronomer
Malcolm Sinclair, radio engineer, worked on the development and installation of appropriate receivers at some of the world's major telescopes including the Very Large Array, the Parkes telescope and the Australia Telescope Compact Array. He is an expert in monolithic microwave integrated circuit (MMIC) receivers and was involved in their initial development and integration into the existing Australia Telescope Compact Array. This allowed the telescope to receive information at a level of detail ten times that previously possible.
- Career event - Joined the CSIRO Division of Radiophysics as an apprentice electrical fitter
- Education - Radio Engineering Diploma (ASTC), University of New South Wales
- 1964 - 1977
- Career position - Member of the radio astronomy receiver group, CSIRO
- 1977 - 1979
- Career position - Coordinator of installation of cooled receivers at the Very Large Array, built by the National Radio Astronomy Observatory in New Mexico
- Career event - Re-joined the CSIRO Division of Radiophysics
- Career event - Appointed Head of the Australia Telescope National Facility Receiver Development Group
- 'Sinclair, Malcolm W.', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, https://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1514344. Details
Created: 29 May 2012, Last modified: 3 October 2012