Biographical entry Rintoul, Stephen Rich
- United States of America
- Climatologist, Marine scientist and Oceanographer
Dr Stephen Rich Rintoul is a physical oceanographer who is a leading expert in the role of oceans in atmospheric conditions and has a specialist expertise the Southern Ocean and its effects on global climate systems.
He joined the CSIRO Division of Oceanography in 1990 and has worked in subsequent Divisions since.
- Career event - Joined the CSIRO Division of Oceanography
- Award - Georg Wüst Medal, German Society of Marine Research
- Award - Elected Fellow of the Australian Academy of Science
- Award - Elected a CSIRO Fellow
Created: 4 May 2012, Last modified: 18 March 2013