Biographical entry Parslow, John
John Parslow is an expert in marine ecosystem modelling with a particular interest in phytoplankton ecophysiology and ocean colour remote sensing.
Parslow initiated the Australian Joint Global Ocean Flux Study in the early 1990s and in the mid 1990s was involved in the Port Phillip Bay Environmental Study, a landmark survey for which his team received the CSIRO Chairman's Medal in 1996.
- Education - BSc (Hons) in Mathematics from University of Queensland
- Education - PhD in marine ecosystem modelling from University of British Columbia, Canada
- Award - CSIRO Chairman's Medal for Port Phillip Bay Environmental Study
- 'Parslow, John Stanley (1954-)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-473154. Details
- Ward, C., 'John Parslow', in CSIROpedia, 2011, http://csiropedia.csiro.au/display/CSIROpedia/Parslow%2C+John. Details
Created: 12 April 2012, Last modified: 3 October 2012