Biographical entry Evans, Robert (1949 - )
- 8 July 1949
Paddington, New South Wales, Australia
- Paper or Pulp Industries and Wood scientist
Rob Evans is a wood scientist, known for leading the research and development of the SilviScan™ rapid wood analysis system. He received the 2001 Wallenberg Prize for this research.
In 2012 he is a Chief Research Scientist at the CSIRO.
- Education - PhD on 'Steric Stabilisation', Physical Chemistry Department of the University of Sydney in 1976
- 1976 - 1978
- Career position - Postdoctoral Fellow at the Empire State Paper Research Institute, State University of New York, Syracuse, NY, USA
- 1978 - 1985
- Career position - Research Officer/Senior Research Officer at Australian Paper Manufacturers, Research Division
- 1988 - 2003
- Career position - Senior Research Scientist, Principal Research Scientist and later Senior Principal Research Scientist CSIRO Chemical & Wood Technology
- Career position - Chief Research Scientist, CSIRO Division of Molecular Science
Created: 24 February 2012, Last modified: 18 March 2013