Biographical entry Bunton, John David
- Electrical engineer
John David Bunton is a Senior Principal Research Engineer in the Wireless Technology Laboratory of the CSIRO's Information and Communications Technology (ICT) centre. In this position he has been project manager or chief investigator for wireless based research initiatives with a wide array of applications, and this has led to involvement with NASA and the Australian coal-mining industry.
He was part of the Gigabit Wireless project in 2007, which was awarded the CSIRO Chairman's Medal and Engineers Australia's Engineering Excellence Award.
- Education - Bachelor of Science, Sydney University
- Education - Bachelor of Engineering (Hons), Sydney University
- 1975 - 1982
- Education - Ph.D. for Post-graduate studies in Loudspeaker Characterisation and Measurement
- 1983 - 1986
- Career position - Engineer at Sydney University's 'Fleurs Radio Telescope'
- 1986 - 1988
- Career position - Engineer-in-Chief at Sydney University's 'Fleurs Radio Telescope'
- 1989 -
- Career position - Experimental Scientist and later Senior Principal Research Engineer, CSIRO Division of Radiophysics (now ICT)
- Award - CSIRO Medal for Research Achievement for the development of Fast Fourier Transform technology team
- Award - Australian Coal Association Research Program (ACARP) Excellence Award
- Award - CSIRO Chairman's Medal, Gigabit wireless project team
- Award - Engineering Excellence Award, Engineers Australia 'Multi-Gigabit, mm-wave Wireless'
- 'Bunton, John David', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-500285. Details
- Ward, C., 'John David Bunton', in CSIROpedia, 2011, http://csiropedia.csiro.au/display/CSIROpedia/Bunton%2C+John+David. Details
Created: 23 February 2012, Last modified: 3 October 2012