Biographical entry Archer, John William
- Electrical engineer
John William Archer is a specialist in wireless networks (gigabit) and millimetre MMICs. He is a Post-retirement Research Fellow in Millimetre and Microwave Wave Technologies at CSIRO ICT Centre and has worked within the CSIRO since 1984.
Archer has published over 100 papers that are much referenced in his field.
- c. 1968 - 1971
- Education - Bachelor of Science in mathematics and physics, University of Sydney
- c. 1971 - 1973
- Education - Bachelor of Engineering (Hons 1), University of Sydney
- c. 1973 - 1978
- Education - Doctorate of Philosophy in electrical engineering, University of Sydney
- 1977 - 1984
- Career position - Employed at the National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO), United States of America
- Career event - Joined the CSIRO Division of Radiophysics
- 'Archer, John William', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1513080. Details
- Ward, C., 'John William Archer', in CSIROpedia, 2011, http://www.csiropedia.csiro.au/display/CSIROpedia/Archer%2C+John+William. Details
Created: 22 February 2012, Last modified: 3 October 2012