Biographical entry Potter, James Baildon (Jim)
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Educator and Engineer
James Baildon (Jim) Potter was the third longest-serving Registrar of the University of Melbourne. Previously he had worked there as a lecture, Reader in Communications Systems and Dean of the School of Engineering. He is commemorated by the Jim Potter Room in the Old Physics Conference Centre.
- Education - Bachelor of Science (BSc) completed at University of Melbourne or at the Royal Melbourne Technology College
- Education - Master of Applied Science (Electronics) completed at University of Melbourne or at the Royal Melbourne Technology College
- 1965 - 1972
- Career position - Lecturer (to 1966) then Senior Lecturer in Electrical Engineering at the University of Melbourne
- 1973 - ?
- Career position - Reader in Communication Systems at the University of Melbourne
- 1977 - 1979
- Career position - Dean of the Faculty of Engineering
- c. 1978 - c. 1994
- Career position - Registrar of the University of Melbourne
- Education - Honorary Doctor of Laws (LLD) received from the University of Melbourne
Created: 12 September 2006, Last modified: 13 September 2006