Biographical entry Welch, Marcus Baldwin (1895 - 1942)
Palmerston, New Zealand
Megalong Valley, New South Wales, Australia
Marcus Welch was Assistant Botanist (1919-1921) and Economic Botanist (1921-1936) at Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences, Sydney; Senior Research Officer, Division of Wood Technology, Forestry Commission of New South Wales (1936-).
- 1912 - 1916
- Career position - Chemist, Colonial Sugar Refinery Co.
- 1919 - 1935
- Career position - Economic Botanist at the Sydney Technological Museum
- Taxonomy event - Co-author of Eucalyptus badjensis Beuzev. & M.B.Welch
- 1936 - ?
- Career position - Senior Research Officer, Forestry Commission of New South Wales
- Welch, Marcus Baldwin (1895-1942), 1921 - 1942, MRS 225, MRS 291, MRS 333; Powerhouse Museum. Details
Encyclopedia of Australian Science Exhibitions
- McCarthy, Gavan; Smith, Ailie; Moje, Christine; Rigby, Rebecca, The Study of Australian Eucalypts, eScholarship Research Centre, 2013, http://www.eoas.info/eucalypts/index.html. Details
- 'Obituary: M. B. Welch', Australian Journal of Science, vol. 5, no. 3, 1942, pp. 97-98. Details
- Swain, E.H.F., 'Marcus Baldwin Welch, BSc, AIC', Australian Timber Journal, vol. 8, no. 9, 1942, pp. 931-935. Details
Created: 21 December 2001, Last modified: 18 October 2012