Biographical entry Whitton, William Ivo (1924 - )
- 4 October 1924
- Industrial chemist
William Ivo Whitton, as Research Manager of ICIANZ during the 1960s, gave budgetary approval for speculative and high risk research on the production of nylon.
Born 4 October 1924. Educated Universities of Melbourne (BSc Hons 1944, MSc 1948) and St Andrews (PhD). Australian Imperial Force 1944; Research Department, ICIANZ Ltd 1952-59, Technical Manager and Director, ICI (NZ) Ltd 1960-63, Research Manager ICIANZ Ltd 1963-70, Executive Director, ICI Australia Ltd 1970-82; Director, CSIRO Institute of Industrial Technology 1983-88; Senior Consultant, Peat Marwick 1989-92. Foundation Fellow, Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering 1976.
- 1975 - 1987
- Award - Foundation Fellow, Australian Academy of Technological Sciences
- 1987- -
- Award - Fellow, Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering
- 'Whitton, William Ivo (1924-)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1475864. Details
- 'Dr Keith Thomas Henry Farrer OBE MA DSc FTSE - Biographical Note', Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering, http://www.atse.org.au/index.php?sectionid=648. Details
- Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering, Technology in Australia 1788-1988, Online edn, Australian Science and Technology Heritage Centre, Melbourne, 3 May 2000, http://www.austehc.unimelb.edu.au/tia/index_w.html. Details
Created: 25 May 2001, Last modified: 25 May 2006
- Foundation Supporter - ARC Learned Academies' Special Projects