Biographical entry Storey, John Stanley (1896 - 1955)
- 1 November 1896
Balmain, New South Wales, Australia
- 3 July 1955
East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
(Sir) John Storey was in charge of the Beaufort Division of the Department of Aircraft Production from 1939. The first licence-built Beaufort bomber was produced in May 1941 and by August 1944 700 aircraft of this type had been delivered.
Born Sydney, 1 November 1896. Died 1955. Educated University of Sydney (BSc). Sometime Director, Department of Aircraft Production, Beaufort Division; sometime Chairman of Directors, Repco Ltd. Director, General Motors-Holden's Ltd 1934-40. President, Institute of Industrial Management; President, Automotive Manufacturers' Association, New South Wales.
- Lack, John, 'Storey, Sir John Stanley (1896-1955), Industrialist' in Australian Dictionary of Biography, John Ritchie and Diane Langmore, eds, vol. 16 (Melbourne: Melbourne University Press, 2002), pp. 319-323. http://www.adb.online.anu.edu.au/biogs/A160390b.htm. Details
- Wikidata, http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q21538116. Details
- VIAF - Virtual International Authority File, OCLC, https://viaf.org/viaf/94427418. Details
- 'Storey, John (18961101-19550703)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, https://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1767764. Details
- Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering, Technology in Australia 1788-1988, Online edn, Australian Science and Technology Heritage Centre, Melbourne, 3 May 2000, http://www.austehc.unimelb.edu.au/tia/index_s.html. Details
Created: 25 May 2001, Last modified: 1 August 2007
- Foundation Supporter - ARC Learned Academies' Special Projects