Biographical entry Seidler, Harry (1923 - )
- 25 June 1923
Harry Seidler collaborated with Pier Luigi Nervi on the Australia Square project in Sydney in 1967 and on the MLC centre fronting Martin Place in Sydney in 1975.
Born Vienna, Austria, 25 June 1923. OBE 1972, AC 1987. Educated Harvard (MArch). Arrived Australia 1948; private practice since 1948; commissions include Rose Seidler House, Wahroonga, New South Wales 1948-50; Australia Square Sydney 1961-67; Australian Embassy Paris 1973-77; Hong Kong Club and Office Building, Hong Kong 1980-84; Riverside Centre Brisbane 1984-86; Waverley Art Gallery Melbourne 1988-90; QV1 Perth 1987-91. Visiting Professor, University of Sydney since 1996. Wilkinson Award 1965, 1966, 1967; Civic Design Award 1967; Gold Medal RAIA 1976; RAIA Sir Zelman Cowan National Award 1987; Gold Medal City of Vienna 1989; RAIA Lustig and Moar Prize 1989; Sir John Sulman Medal 1951, 1967, 1981, 1983, 1991; RAIA National Interior Architecture Award 1991; RAIA National Commercial Architecture Award 1991, 1992; Gold Medal, Royal Institute of British Architects 1996; Austrian Gold Cross Hon. (First Class) Arts and Sciences 1996.
- Wikidata, http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q85669. Details
- VIAF - Virtual International Authority File, OCLC, https://viaf.org/viaf/112781054. Details
- 'Seidler, Harry (1923-2006)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, https://nla.gov.au/nla.party-525466. Details
- Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering, Technology in Australia 1788-1988, Online edn, Australian Science and Technology Heritage Centre, Melbourne, 3 May 2000, http://www.austehc.unimelb.edu.au/tia/index_s.html. Details
Created: 25 May 2001, Last modified: 25 May 2006
- Foundation Supporter - ARC Learned Academies' Special Projects