Biographical entry Lewis, N. B.
N. B. Lewis worked for the Woods and Forests Department in South Australia from at least 1957 to 1980. He was an advocate for thinning, having studied it in other parts of the world as a Russell Grimwade Scholar and in 1963 produced a guide to the 'Optimum thinning range of Pinus radiata in South Australia. He was also the author of A Hundred Years of State Forestry, South Australia, 1875-1975 (1975).
- Lewis, N. B., A Hundred Years of State Forestry: South Australia: 1875-1975 (Adelaide: Woods and Forests Department, 1975), 122 pp. Details
- Lewis, N. B., 'Jolly, Norman William (1882-1954)' in Australian Dictionary of Biography, Bede Nairn and Geoffrey Serle, eds, vol. 9 (Melbourne: Melbourne University Press, 1983), p. 504. http://www.adb.online.anu.edu.au/biogs/A090500b.htm. Details
- 'Lewis, N B (1916-)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, https://nla.gov.au/nla.party-463779. Details
- Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering, Technology in Australia 1788-1988, Online edn, Australian Science and Technology Heritage Centre, Melbourne, 3 May 2000, http://www.austehc.unimelb.edu.au/tia/index_l.html. Details
Created: 25 May 2001, Last modified: 4 July 2012
- Foundation Supporter - ARC Learned Academies' Special Projects