Biographical entry Rogers, George Ernest (1927 - )
- 27 October 1927
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
George Ernest Rogers was Reader, Department of Biochemistry, University of Adelaide 1963-77, Professor 1978-92, Department Head 1988-92 and Emeritus Professor and Honorary Visiting Research Fellow since 1992. He is interested in cell and molecular biology, animal biotechnology and protein chemistry.
Born Melbourne, 27 October 1927. Educated Universities of Melbourne (BSc 1949, MSc 1951) and Cambridge (PhD 1956). DSc, University of Adelaide 1976. Research Officer, Biochemistry Unit, Wool Textile Research Laboratories, CSIRO 1951-54; CSIRO Overseas Studentship, University of Cambridge 1954-56; Senior Research Officer, Division of Protein Chemistry, CSIRO 1957-62; Reader, Department of Biochemistry, University of Adelaide 1963-77, Professor (personal chair) 1978-92, Department Head 1988-92, Emeritus Professor from 1992; Program Manager, Premium Quality Wool CRC 1995- . Lemberg Medal, Australian Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology 1976; Fellow, Australian Academy of Science 1977.
- Rogers, G. E., 'Robertson, Thorburn Brailsford (1884-1930), Biochemist and Professor', in Geoffrey Serle (ed.), Australian Dictionary of Biography, vol. 11, Melbourne University Press, Melbourne, 1988, pp. 416-417. Also available at http://www.adb.online.anu.edu.au/biogs/A110429b.htm. Details
- Rogers, George E. and Elliott, William H., 'Robert Henry Symons, 20 March 1934 - 4 October 2006', Biographical Memoirs of Fellows of the Royal Society, vol. 54, 2008, pp. 383-400. Details
- Rogers, George E. and Elliott, William H., 'Robert Henry Symons 1934-2006', Historical Records of Australian Science, vol. 19, no. 2, 2008, pp. 191-213. Details
- Fraser, Bruce, 'Interview with Professor George Rogers', in Interviews with Australian scientists, Australian Academy of Science, 2008, http://science.org.au/scientists/interviews/r/gr.html. Details
- 'Rogers, G E (1927-)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-522397. Details
- Walsh, A. and Willis, J. B., 'Albert Lloyd George Rees 1916-1989', Historical Records of Australian Science, vol. 9, no. 1, 1992, pp. 31-47. Also available at http://www.publish.csiro.au/paper/HR9920910031.htm. Details
Created: 25 May 2001, Last modified: 25 May 2006