Biographical entry Evans, John Murray (1923 - )
- 11 May 1923
- Aeronautical engineer
John Murray Evans was responsible for coordinating research on advanced computer simulation of the characteristics of the Malkara anti-tank weapon, undertaken at Aeronautical Research Laboratories, Materials Research Laboratories and Weapons Research Establishment.
- 1944 - 1950?
- Career position - Assistant Research Officer at the CSIRO (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation) Division of Aeronautics
- 1951 - 1952
- Career position - Engineer at the Royal Aircraft Establishment United Kingdom
- 1954 - 1960
- Career position - Seconded to Government Aircraft Factories
- 1960 - 1966
- Career position - Superintending Scientist at the Aeronautical Research Laboratories
- 1967 - 1978?
- Career position - Superintendent of the Systems Division at the Aeronautical Research Laboratories
- 1979 - 1981
- Career position - Acting Chief Superintendent of the Systems Division at the Aeronautical Research Laboratories
- 1981 -
- Award - Fellow of the Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering (FTSE)
- Award - Member of the Order of Australia (AM)
- 'Evans, John Murray (19230511-)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1476496. Details
- Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering, Technology in Australia 1788-1988, Online edn, Australian Science and Technology Heritage Centre, Melbourne, 3 May 2000, http://www.austehc.unimelb.edu.au/tia/index_e.html. Details
- Wisdom, John, A History of Defence Science in Australia, Defence Science and Technology Organisation, Melbourne, 1995, 267 pp. Details
Created: 25 May 2001, Last modified: 4 February 2010
- Foundation Supporter - ARC Learned Academies' Special Projects