Biographical entry Roberts, Noel Lee (1890 - 1967)
- 28 August 1890
- 6 December 1967
- Journalist and Ornithologist
Noel Roberts was interested in ornithology and arachnology, associations between birds and insects and spiders, and observations on certain aspects of bird behaviour such as injury-feigning.
Born New Zealand, 28 August 1890. Died Sydney, 6 December 1967. Grew up in Wales and migrated to Australia as a young man. Worked for newspapers and periodicals in Queensland and New South Wales, including The Land, a weekly journal published in Sydney. He worked both as a journalist (mainly on rural topics) and on the business side. President, Royal Zoological Society of New South Wales 1943-44.
- 'Obituaries: Sir Eric Woodward; Noel Lee Roberts; Roy Bell, 1882-1966; Barbara Blanche Dew', Proceedings of the Royal Zoological Society of New South Wales, 88 (1967), 15-22. Details
- Hickman, V. V., 'Obituary: Noel Lee Roberts, 1890-1967 [bibliography]', Journal of the Entomological Society of Australia (New South Wales Branch), 4 (1967), 43-44. Details
- Wikidata, http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q55071979. Details
- 'Roberts, Noel Lee (1890-1967)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, https://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1476008. Details
- Robin, Libby, The Flight of the Emu: a Hundred Years of Australian Ornithology 1901-2001 (Melbourne: Melbourne University Press, 2001), 492 pp. Details
Created: 19 April 2001, Last modified: 9 March 2018
- Foundation Supporter - Birds Australia