Biographical entry Jenkins, Clee Francis Howard (1908 - 1997)
- 17 March 1908
Salisbury, South Australia, Australia
- 13 July 1997
- Entomologist and Ornithologist
Clee Jenkins worked for the Western Australian Department of Agriculture 1933-1973, rising to Chief of the Biological Services Division.
Born Salisbury, South Australia, 17 March 1908. Died August 1997. MBE. Educated University of Western Australia (MA). Cadet, Western Australian Museum, Perth 1929-33; Assistant Entomologist, Department of Agriculture, Western Australia 1933-38, Government Entomologist 1939-64; Visiting Lecturer in Entomology, University of Western Australia 1945-65; Chief, Biological Services Division, Western Australian Department of Agriculture 1964-73. Royal Society of Western Australia Medal 1966. President, Zoological Gardens Board, Western Australia from 1971; President, Royal Society of Western Australia 1945, 1963, Honorary Life Member; Honorary Life Member, Western Australian Naturalists Club; president, Western Australian Gould league from 1959; chairman, Western Australian Division, Australian and New Zealand Association for the Advancement of Science 1967-68.
- Jenkins, C.F.H., 'Glaubert, Ludwig (1879-1963), Museum Curator', in Bede Nairn and Geoffrey Serle (eds), Australian Dictionary of Biography, vol. 9, Melbourne University Press, Melbourne, 1983, pp. 25-26. Also available at http://www.adb.online.anu.edu.au/biogs/A090024b.htm. Details
- Jenkins, C.F.H., 'Newman, Leslie John William (1878-1938), entomologist', in Geoffrey Serle (ed.), Australian Dictionary of Biography, vol. 11, Melbourne University Press, Melbourne, 1988, pp. 14-15. Also available at http://www.adb.online.anu.edu.au/biogs/A110015b.htm. Details
- 'Jenkins, C F H (1908-1997)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-463622. Details
- Robin, Libby, The Flight of the Emu: a Hundred Years of Australian Ornithology 1901-2001, Melbourne University Press, Melbourne, 2001, 492 pp. Details
Created: 8 February 2001, Last modified: 19 September 2008
- Foundation Supporter - Birds Australia