Biographical entry Forshaw, Joseph
- Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
- Biologist and Ornithologist
Joseph Forshaw, an expert on parrots, has been a senior environmental officer with Australian National Parks and Wildlife Service (now Environment Australia) since 1974.
Born Newcastle. Trained as a pharmacist. Biologist, CSIRO Division of Wildlife Research ca 1960-74; senior environmental officer, Australian National Parks and Wildlife Service from 1974. Sometime research associate, Department of Ornithology, Australian Museum. Sometime chairman of the International Council for Bird Preservation World Working Group on Parrots (ca 1978-80). Churchill Fellow 1970; Queen's Silver Jubilee Medal 1977. One of the first honorary members of the Birds Australia Parrots Association, which started in 1996. Wrote Australian Parrots (1969) and Parrots of the World (1978), both illustrated by William T. Cooper.
- 'Forshaw, Joseph M', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-470735. Details
- Robin, Libby, The Flight of the Emu: a Hundred Years of Australian Ornithology 1901-2001, Melbourne University Press, Melbourne, 2001, 492 pp. Details
Created: 2 February 2001, Last modified: 4 July 2012
- Foundation Supporter - Birds Australia