Biographical entry Barry, Redmond (1813 - 1880)
- 7 June 1813
Ballyclough, County Cork, Ireland
- Judge and Science patron
Redmond Barry was First Puisne Judge of the Supreme Court of Victoria and inaugural president, Victorian Institute for the Advancement of Science, 1854.
President, Victorian Institute for the Advancement of Science, 1854; vice-president of the Philosophical Institute of Victoria, 1855. These institutions were the forerunners of the Royal Society of Victoria.
- Galbally, Ann, Redmond Barry: an Anglo-Irish Australian, Melbourne University Press, Carlton, Vic., 1995, 228 pp. Details
- Flesch, Juliet and McPhee, Peter, '150 Years, 150 Stories: Redmond Barry', Uni News, vol. 11, no. 15, p. 4. Details
- 'Barry, Redmond (1813-)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-631715. Details
- Science and the making of Victoria, with Royal Society of Victoria, 2001, http://www.austehc.unimelb.edu.au/smv/index_b.html. Details
- Flesch, Juliet and McPhee, Peter, 150 years, 150 stories: brief biographies of one hundred and fifty remarkable people associated with the University of Melbourne, Department of History, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, 2003, 168 pp. Details
- Barry, Redmond Portrait
Created: 24 August 2000, Last modified: 4 June 2010
- Foundation Supporter - Royal Society of Victoria