Biographical entry Maj, Sophie
- Aeronautical engineer
Sophie Maj has worked in the Metallurgy Department at the University of Melbourne since 1961, rising from senior demonstrator through principal demonstrator to lecturer.
- Education - Educated in Aeronautical Engineering in Warsaw
- Life event - Settled in Australia
- 1958 - 1961
- Career position - Olympic Tyres
- 1961 - 1972
- Career position - Senior Demonstrator in the Metallurgy Department at the University of Melbourne
- 1972 - 1984
- Career position - Principal Demonstrator at the University of Melbourne
- 1984 - ?
- Career position - Lecturer at the University of Melbourne
Encyclopedia of Australian Science Exhibitions
- McCarthy, Gavan; Morgan, Helen; Smith, Ailie; van den Bosch, Alan, Where are the Women in Australian Science?, Australian Science and Technology Heritage Centre, 2003, http://www.austehc.unimelb.edu.au/wisa/wisa.html. Details
Created: 30 June 1997, Last modified: 24 February 2003