Biographical entry Girault, Alexandrè Arsène (1884 - 1941)
- 9 January 1884
Annapolis, Maryland, United States of America
- 2 May 1941
Alexandrè Girault spent two periods in Queensland, as Entomologist for the Bureau of Sugar Experiment Stations 1911-1914 and as Assistant Entomologist in the Department of Agriculture and Stock 1918-1919 and 1923-1930. He collected in Queensland and New South Wales.
Born Annapolis, Maryland, USA, 9 January 1884. Died 2 May 1941. Field Assistant, US Bureau of Entomology 1904-07, laboratory assistant, Illinois State Entomologist 1908-09, Assistant in Entomology, University of Illinois 1909-11, Entomologist, Bureau of Sugar Experiment Stations, Queensland 1911-14, Expert, US Bureau of Entomology, Washington 1914-17, Assistant Entomologist, Department of Agriculture and Stock, Queensland 1918-19, 1923-30. Collected in Queensland and New South Wales.
- Musgrave, A., Bibliography of Australian Entomology, 1775-1930, Royal Zoological Society of New South Wales., Sydney, 1932, 380 pp. Details
- Dahms, Edward Clive, 'A checklist of the types of Australian Hymenoptera described by Alexandre Arsene Girault, I: introduction, acknowledgements, biography, bibliography and localities', Memoirs of the Queensland Museum, vol. 19, no. 2, 1978, pp. 127-90. Details
- 'Girault, A A (18840109-19410502)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-548304. Details
- Angus, B. M., Cannon, L. G. R. and Adlard, R. D., 'Parasitology and the Queensland Museum, with Biographical Notes on Collectors', Memoirs of the Queensland Museum, Nature, vol. 53, 2007, pp. 1-156. Details
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 2 March 2018
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education