Biographical entry Barnard, George (1830 - 1894)
- 11 March 1894
- Entomologist and Ornithologist
George Barnard developed a fine private natural history collection at his station Coomooboolaroo, near Duaringa, Queensland. His collection went to the Tring Museum, England.
Born Chislehurst, England, 1830. Died Launceston, 11 March 1894. Well-known as an entomologist and ornithologist with a fine private collection.
Mitchell and Dixson Libraries Manuscripts Collection, State Library of New South Wales
- Edward Pearson Ramsay - Records, 1860 - 1912, ML MSS 563; Mitchell and Dixson Libraries Manuscripts Collection, State Library of New South Wales. Details
- Musgrave, A., Bibliography of Australian Entomology, 1775-1930, Royal Zoological Society of New South Wales., Sydney, 1932, 380 pp. Details
- Ingram, Glen, 'Barnard, Henry Greensill (Harry) (1869-1966)', in John Ritchie (ed.), Australian Dictionary of Biography, vol. 13, Melbourne University Press, Melbourne, 1993, pp. 114-116. Also available at http://www.adb.online.anu.edu.au/biogs/A130139b.htm. Details
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 15 September 2004
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education