Biographical entry Swinbank, William Christopher (1913 - 1973)
- 8 May 1913
Easington Village, Durham, England
- 28 December 1973
- Meteorologist and Physicist
Bill Swinbank was a Chief Research Scientist with the CSIRO from 1961 to 1971 when he went to the National Center for Atmospheric Research in Boulder, USA, as Director of the National Hail Research Experiment.
Born Easington Village, Durham, England, 8 May 1913. Died 28 December 1973. Fellow, Australian Academy of Science 1970.
- 'Obituary: William Christopher Swinbank', Australian Physicist, vol. 11, no. 3, 1974, p. 56. Details
- Priestley, C. H. B., 'William Christopher Swinbank', Records of the Australian Academy of Science, vol. 3, no. 1, 1975, pp. 76-92. Also available at http://www.publish.csiro.au/paper/HR9750310076.htm. Details
- 'Swinbank, W C (19130508-19731228)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-987823. Details
- Priestley, C. H. B., 'William Christopher Swinbank 1913-1973', in Australian Academy of Science Biographical Memoirs, Australian Academy of Science, 2006, http://www.science.org.au/fellows/memoirs/swinbank.html. Details
- Federation and Meteorology, 2001, http://www.austehc.unimelb.edu.au/fam/index_s.html. Details
- William Christopher Swinbank
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 4 June 2010
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education