Biographical entry Mills, Bernard Yarnton (1920 - )
- 8 August 1920
Sydney?, New South Wales, Australia
- Physicist and Radioastronomer
Bernard Yarnton Mills was Professor of Astrophysics, University of Sydney 1965-85 and earlier Reader 1960-65. As a Senior Principal Research Officer in the Division of Radiophysics, CSIRO 1957-60, he helped design and build the Mills Cross Radiotelescope, Hoskinstown, New South Wales.
Born 8 August 1920. Fellow, Australian Academy of Science 1959, Fellow, Royal Society 1963.
National Library of Australia Oral History Collection
- Bernard Yarnton Mills - Records, 1925 - 1972, DeB 584; National Library of Australia Oral History Collection. Details
University of Sydney, Archives
- Bernard Yarnton Mills - Records, 1944 - 1985, P 154; University of Sydney, Archives. Details
- The Radiophysics Laboratory Council for Scientific and Industrial Research, A Textbook of Radar, Angus & Robertson, Sydney; London, 1947, 579 pp. Author of Chapter 14. Details
- Christiansen, W. N.; Mills, B.Y., 'Biographical Memoirs [Joseph Lade Pawsey, including publications]', Australian Physicist, vol. 1, no. 9, 1964, pp. 137-141. Details
- 'Mills, Bernard Yarnton', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-581621. Details
- Crompton, R. W., 'Leonard George Holden Huxley 1902-198', Historical Records of Australian Science, vol. 8, no. 4, 1991, pp. 249-264. Also available at http://www.publish.csiro.au/paper/HR9910840249.htm. Details
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 10 September 2004
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education