Corporate entry Parker CRC for Integrated Hydrometallurgy Solutions (2005 - )
- 1 July 2005
Murdoch, Western Australia, Australia
- Metallurgy, Mineralogy or mining and Industrial or scientific research
- Alternative Names
- Parker Centre
- Parker Cooperative Research Centre for Integrated Hydrometallurgy Solutions
Parker Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) for Integrated Hydrometallurgy Solutions took over from the AJ Parker CRC for Hydrometallurgy in 2005 following a seven year CRC grant. The Centre's research spans two broad areas: Breakthrough Technologies and Process Fundamentals. The research activities in both areas focus on Australia's three major markets that utilise hydrometallurgical processes: alumina, base metals (particularly cobalt, copper, nickel and zinc) and gold.
The Process Fundamentals work is directed at achieving the fundamental understanding of the science behind current extraction processes that is needed to optimise existing hydrometallurgical plants, for example by increasing efficiency and yield, improving product quality and minimising operating costs.
The Breakthrough Technologies research aims to develop innovative processing technologies to exploit low-grade ores or currently uneconomic, untapped mineral deposits.
1992 - 2005 A. J. Parker CRC for Hydrometallurgy
2005 - Parker CRC for Integrated Hydrometallurgy Solutions
- Cooperative Research Centres Program, CRC Directory, 2010-2011 edn, Australian Government Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research, https://www.crc.gov.au/Information/. Details
- CRC Directory 2010-11, Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research, Australian Government, 2010, https://www.crc.gov.au/HTMLDocuments/Documents/PDF/CrcDirectory-ebook-July2010.pdf. Details
- Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1471348. Details
Created: 3 May 2006, Last modified: 31 January 2011