Browse Entries

Use Trove to find more resources by/about this Corporate entry

  • Trove

Corporate entry Chemistry and Physics Research Laboratory (1949 - 1955)

From
1949
Salisbury, South Australia, Australia
To
1955
Functions
Industrial or scientific research
Location
Salisbury, South Australia

Summary

The Chemistry and Physics Research Laboratory was established in 1949 and consisted of three separate laboratories. These were the High Speed Aerodynamics Laboratory, the Propulsion Research Laboratory and the Electronics Research Laboratory. In 1955 an amalgamation took place between these laboratories and the Long Range Weapons Establishment, resulting in the establishment of the Weapons Research Establishment.

Timeline

 1949 - 1955 Chemistry and Physics Research Laboratory
       1955 - 1978 Weapons Research Establishment
             1978 - 1981 Trials Resources Laboratory
             1978 - 1987 Electronics Research Laboratory
             1978 - 1987 Advanced Engineering Laboratory
             1978 - 1991 Weapons Systems Research Laboratory
                   1978 - 1987 Advanced Engineering Laboratory
                   1987 - 1994 Surveillance Research Laboratory
                   1987 - 1994 Electronics Research Laboratory
                         1987 - 1994 Surveillance Research Laboratory
                         1987 - 1994 Electronics Research Laboratory
                               1994 - 2002 Electronics and Surveillance Research Laboratory
                               1994 - 2002 Electronics and Surveillance Research Laboratory

Published resources

Online Resources

Ailie Smith