Corporate entry Williamstown Dockyard (1856 - 1922)
Williamstown, Victoria, Australia
- Manufacturing Industry and Maritime Industry
- Williamstown, Victoria
Williamstown Dockyard was one of Australia's principle ship building yards. The dockyards opened in 1856 for ship docking and repairs and ship building had commenced by 1913. The first warship to be built there, the Deakin, was completed in 1920. In 1922 the dockyard was renamed the Williamstown Naval Dockyard.
Created: 21 September 2001, Last modified: 7 February 2011
- Foundation Supporter - ARC Learned Academies' Special Projects