Corporate entry Mobil Oil Australia Pty Ltd
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Resources and Petrochemical Industry
- GPO Box 4507, Melbourne Victoria 3001
Mobil began operations in Australia as Vacuum Oil, opening a branch in Melbourne in 1895. In 1946 Mobil began constructing Victoria's Altona oil refinery, and later built an oil refinery at Port Stanvac in South Australia. From their Web site, August 2001, "Mobil Oil Australia Pty Ltd (MOA) is a refiner and marketer of a broad range of petroleum products in Australia and the Pacific Islands."
- Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering, Technology in Australia 1788-1988, Online edn, Australian Science and Technology Heritage Centre, Melbourne, 3 May 2000, http://www.austehc.unimelb.edu.au/tia/index_m.html. Details
Created: 16 August 2001, Last modified: 17 June 2010
- Foundation Supporter - ARC Learned Academies' Special Projects