Corporate entry Imperial Airways (1924 - 1939)
- Aviation or Aeronautical Industries
Imperial Airways was first established in 1924. In the 1930s the company began associations with the Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Services Limited (QANTAS Limited) when the two companies began attempting to set up an air service between Britain and Australia. In 1934 they jointly formed Qantas Empire Airways Limited, each owning a half-share. The Australian Government purchased all shares in Qantas Empire Airways in 1947. Imperial Airways has undergone several name changes and is known now British Airways.
- Wikidata, http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q591797. Details
- Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, https://nla.gov.au/nla.party-961808. Details
- Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering, Technology in Australia 1788-1988, Online edn, Australian Science and Technology Heritage Centre, Melbourne, 3 May 2000, http://www.austehc.unimelb.edu.au/tia/index_i.html. Details
Created: 1 December 2000, Last modified: 16 March 2006
- Foundation Supporter - ARC Learned Academies' Special Projects