Corporate entry Howard Florey Institute of Experimental Physiology and Medicine (1971 - )
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Medical Research
- Howard Florey Institute, Gate 11, Royal Parade, The University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010
The Howard Florey Institute of Experimental Physiology and Medicine was incorporated in 1971 by Act of Parliament. It is a self-governing institute within the University of Melbourne.
From their Web site, January 2003: "Working in partnership with leading national and international research institutes, we aim, through basic and clinical research, to improve health outcomes and better understand the causes of debilitating brain related illnesses."
1963 - 1971 Howard Florey Laboratories
1971 - Howard Florey Institute of Experimental Physiology and Medicine
- Hewat, Tim, The Florey: the Story of the Sheep Hilton, Collins/Angus & Robertson, Sydney, 1990, 211 pp. Details
- 'Howard Florey Institute of Experimental Physiology and Medicine Act 1971', in Victorian Legislation and Parliamentary Documents Home Page, 2003, http://www.dms.dpc.vic.gov.au/. Details
- Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-485742. Details
- Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering, Technology in Australia 1788-1988, Online edn, Australian Science and Technology Heritage Centre, Melbourne, 3 May 2000, http://www.austehc.unimelb.edu.au/tia/index_h.html. Details
- Denton, Derek, 'Kenneth Baillieu Myer 1921-1992', Historical Records of Australian Science, vol. 18, no. 1, 2007, pp. 97-111. Details
- McPhee, Peter, 'Wright, Sir Roy Douglas (1907-1990), Professor of Physiology and University Administrator', in Australian Dictionary of Biography, vol. 18, 2012, pp. 639-40. Details
Created: 17 March 2000, Last modified: 17 June 2010
- Foundation Supporter - ARC Learned Academies' Special Projects